Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Relationships: Part 2


I rather like the statements that use deductive reasoning. "IF THIS, THEN THAT." In certain situations it's the only way to bring logic into the equation. Relationships fall into this category. Emotions are lovely, and have incredible value in enjoying this life we've been given; however, emotions are meant to be felt and not reasoned. At least that's how I 'feel' about that.

Rob Bell's, Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections Between Sexuality and Spirituality, is an exploration of relationships, using the "if this, then that"...or "this is about that" model. I haven't began reading my copy of the book...yet. However, I've been doing research and reading summaries over the book in order to get ready to read this book in a small group setting. Rob Bell is an incredibly talented man. You can read more about him all over the internet, if he has your interest piqued!

Sex God...an attention getting title no doubt. If you're as curious as I am, contact LCoombes@StLukesOKC.org to sign up for the class...July 9, 6:30pm-8pm with a follow-up (after reading the material) about two weeks down the road.

No comments: