Monday, July 28, 2008

Change

I'm sure we've all heard the saying, "The only constant thing in life is change." The first time I heard this phrase I was a little confused. "Really? The only thing we can count on is that once we think we have it figured out, it'll change," I thought. And so far, that's been about the best advice I've ever received.

Fall Kickoff 2006, St. Luke's brought in a special speaker that gave a talk on the Blueprints of Life. His advice was simple. If you've drawn the blueprints for your life...tear them up. God has something bigger and better for your life than you can even imagine. How many times do we try and put our plans in cement and the eathquake comes along and shakes things up? I know these are the times I become disappointed, and possibly frustrated that things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. The good news is, the big guy's in our corner and he knows what we need in life. This seems so simple when put in writing, the hardest thing is, there's alot of meat here. If this was easy in application then I wouldn't be writing about it right now. Faith, trust, understanding, patience are all abstract concepts. I can't objectify faith. I can't objectify trust or understanding. And I definitely can't objectify patience. This is why it's so hard. We all have to practice patience, understanding, trust and have faith in the things we cannot see, in order for this to work. WOW! That's alot! Right? But it's not impossible.

Take a leap of faith this week, and see what's in store for you.

No comments: